[BlueOnyx:02297] Re: DFix update

Greg Kuhnert greg.kuhnert at theanchoragesylvania.com
Wed Sep 2 16:06:48 -05 2009

Taco Scargo wrote:
> Greg,
>
> I just installed the 1.5 version, but now I again am keeping blocking
> and unblocking e-mails for the same part of the http logfile.....
>
> I think it is not ok ....
>
> Regards,
>
> Taco

This might be a case of a dumb feature.... but someone asked for it. The
problem I fixed yesterday was related to how dfix knows about new blocks
versus old blocks. That broke when I added the code for error_log
because it had a different threshold. That problem is now fixed.

So whats left is working according to the design, but the design might
be questionable. Someone wanted to look for errors in the apache log
file (for example file not found errors). I deliberately created
different thresholds and limits to keep it separate from the rest of
dfix, since it had the potential to have false positives.

Can you confirm Taco - if you manually execute dfix from cmd line, does
it block/unblock each time it is run? Can you provide a few more details?

(I think I might just take this feature out - its too much headache!)

Regards,
Greg.