[BlueOnyx:02300] Re: DFix update

Michael Aronoff maronoff at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 16:42:34 -05 2009

Florian wrote:
> i am getting the intention it tends to block/unblock search engine
> crawlers/robots that look for (not existing) robots.txt files here on my
> machine...

I like the feature.  I raised the ERRORHITS to 50 from 10, so many more
errors are required before blocking happens.  Also I keep an eye on the
emails and I added a few IP's I kept seeing, that was clearly googlebot and
some other search engines too. Now it appears to be behaving well and has
caught a number of bots or zombies looking to exploitable php file that will
run a remote inclusion.

Good stuff.