[BlueOnyx:02345] Re: Problem with directories.

Tjerk Hacquebord tjerk at hqmatics.nl
Thu Sep 10 06:05:15 -05 2009

Yeah we know that already.
Don't spam this list.

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: blueonyx-bounces at blueonyx.it [mailto:blueonyx-bounces at blueonyx.it]
Namens DD
Verzonden: donderdag 10 september 2009 12:34
Aan: 'BlueOnyx General Mailing List'
Onderwerp: [BlueOnyx:02344] Re: Problem with directories.

Hi all,

Still experiencing these problems - very frustrating because there don't
seem to be any hard and fast rules about what works and what doesn't. I have
about 15 WordPress installs to do, which are not guaranteed to work if I
can't find a solution to this:

  http://www.bootblock.co.uk/home/
  http://www.bootblock.co.uk/home2/

Both of these folders contain an index.php, but the 'home' link returns not
found unless you specify 'index.php'.

  http://www.distortal.co.uk/test/
  http://www.distortal.co.uk/test2/

'test' has an index.php and returns 'not found' is if is not specified.
'test2' has an index.html and works fine. Renaming index.php to index.html
in 'test' does not work - the file must be specified.

I spoke to the Colo and they said there was nothing odd about the install -
it went without problems.  If anyone can shed any light on this, I'd be very
grateful.

Dick