[BlueOnyx:02376] Re: disable quotas

Gerald Waugh gwaugh at frontstreetnetworks.com
Mon Sep 14 09:00:30 -05 2009

> For a certain number of sites on a BX we have running, we would like to
> totally disable quotas and have those site use up all the available
> space on that partition (which will never happen).
>
> Any advice on whats the best way to achieve that? Disable quotas
> server-wide.
> Will this have any negative side effect on BX?

I disabled the quota on a server by
editing /etc/fstab to remove quota options from /homecp etc/fstab
/etc/fstab.bak
vi /etc/fstab
   find line
/dev/VolGroup00/home    /home      ext3    defaults,usrquota,grpquota
1 2
   change to
/dev/VolGroup00/home    /home                   ext3    defaults       1 2
:wq save the file
  then execute
mount /home -o remount
/sbin/quotaoff -a
chattr -i /home/aquota*  (remove immutable attribute)
mv /home/aquota* /root (saving here)
/etc/init.d/cced.init restart

You might have to reboot, I did, but I didn't do the /etc/init.d/cced.init
restart, which would probably work
without the reboot.
I had trouble mking directories due to quota on the user that was overquota
Once I rebooted there was no trouble at all, ftp ing files, making dirs and
so forth

Gerald