[BlueOnyx:02385] Re: No main menu after big YUM Update

David Thacker David at ThackerNet.com
Mon Sep 14 17:18:14 -05 2009

>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I've got BX running on a test server on my desk, an MSI something or
>>> other
>>> that I bought from Gerald about 18 months ago.  I rarely power this
>>> server
>>> up, but have decided to spend more time getting ready to put it into
>>> production.  So, I powered it up, and logged in via GUI, and proceeded
>>> do a YUM Update (via GUI).
>
> David,
> Sometimes my browser (Firefox) using the NoScript add-on will do this to
> me.  Are you sure you're not blocking scripts?
>
> For grins, have you tried in another browser / computer?   I know, I
> know... It's just a suggestion!
>
> --
> Chris Gebhardt
> VIRTBIZ Internet Services
> Access, Web Hosting, Colocation, Dedicated
> www.virtbiz.com | toll-free (866) 4 VIRTBIZ

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the suggestion, but yeah I did try a couple different browsers,
and different client PCs (which all worked fine before the YUM Update).

No, I'm not blocking scripts in the browser.

I've posted the YUM update log here if anyone wants to have a look:

http://www.thackernet.com/bx/Yum_Update_09-11-09.txt

Any and all wild guesses welcome!

David Thacker