[BlueOnyx:02388] Re: basic use questions

Jeff Folk jefffolk at mac.com
Mon Sep 14 17:44:43 -05 2009

Hi William;

On Sep 14, 2009, at 5:20 PM, William Eggington wrote:

> Is there a "reset all" option somewhere?  Something that would allow
> me to re-set the whole server to it's "factory" settings while not
> forcing me to do a fresh re-install/yum update that takes hours?
> One wrong step in the cmuImport process seems to have dire
> consequences.  :-(

Should just be able to delete all sites...

> How do you test a site that isn't "live" yet?  Say for instance I
> have a virtual site called www.foo.com.  How do I test the
> functionality of the site without going "live"?  Is there some kind
> of http://<ipaddress>/<foo>/ system?  I can't seem to find anything
> like that in the docs.

In the General Settings of the site, there is a "Preview Site
Configuration" checkbox. That will allow you to test the site at the
address http://full.server.name/preview.site.name/ (trailing slash is
required!)

> How do you check the integrity of the RAID from the web GUI?  In
> Server Management -> System Settings -> Hardware Information I can
> see my two drives, how it has petitioned them but not any
> information about the RAID.

Go to the Active Monitor section of the GUI...