[BlueOnyx:02396] Re: basic use questions

Gerald Waugh gwaugh at frontstreetnetworks.com
Mon Sep 14 19:11:26 -05 2009

Re: [BlueOnyx:02386] basic use questions

             How do you check the integrity of the RAID from the web GUI?  In Server Management -> System Settings -> Hardware Information I can see my two drives, how it has petitioned them but not any information about the RAID.

              should be "Raid Integrity" in active monutor

              Gerald

        Nope.  Does that mean it wasn't set up with RAID?  The instructions said if it found two disks it would do RAID 1 automatically. . .

        do you have /etc/raidtab

        what do you see when you run

           cat /proc/mdstat

  $ cat /proc/mdstat

  Personalities : [raid1]

  md0 : active raid1 hdd1[1] hdc1[0]

        256896 blocks [2/2] [UU]

  md1 : active raid1 hdd2[1] hdc2[0]

        488126912 blocks [2/2] [UU]

  unused devices: <none>

  look at ;active mintor settings...

  maybe Disk Integrity isn't being monitored

  sure looks like it is doing RAID and is morrored

  Gerald