[BlueOnyx:02412] php script problem

Phil Hamer phil at magma-group.co.uk
Wed Sep 16 14:54:51 -05 2009

Hi Guys.

A site I host for a friend is trying to run a php based website which uses a
mysql database to store the information.

It installed ok by running the /install.php script and information was added
to the mysql database (so the include works to resolve the mysql username
etc)

It creates a few tables and installs the default username as admin with a
password of admin.

When you try to log in through the website nothing happens.

This is the second script which we have tried to get to run with similar
problems.

I don't get involved with php but understand a bit about mysql.

I would imagine that I have a setting wrong somewhere??

This is a sample from the login.php page;

$link = mysql_connect($dbhost, $dbuser, $dbpassword)

or die("Could not connect: " . mysql_error());

  mysql_select_db($dbname);

  $sSQL="select n_ID, s_Password, n_Rand, b_Activated from t_Users where
s_Username=\"".stripjunk($username)."\"";

  $results=mysql_query($sSQL);

  if(mysql_num_rows($results)>0)

  {

list($id, $pwd, $rand, $b_Activated)=mysql_fetch_row($results);

                if($b_Activated<>1)

                {

Does not seem to ever get to this stage when you click on the login button
the page just seems to re-load.

Could anyone offer any suggestions?

Phil.