[BlueOnyx:02445] Re: Newby Help

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Fri Sep 18 19:22:56 -05 2009

R F wrote:
> I downloaded the newest iso made the cd plugged in a usb dvd drive into
> my cobalt raq 550, restarted, and nothing happened. Am I doing something
> wrong? How do I make it boot from  the cd?
> Thanks in advance. I'd really like to get this going.

Easy.  You cannot.  No way.  Not in 1 million years.
CentOS 5 will not boot on a RaQ550.  Even if it would, you'd have to use
a Cobalt-style OSRCD, not just an ISO, and use the Cobalt restore procedure.

But again, you can't.

The RaQ550 will not run CentOS5, and accordingly there's no way to run
BlueOnyx on it.

BlueOnyx is meant to be run on regular PC/server hardware.
Fortunately, you can pick up equipment that will run circles around a
RaQ550 for peanuts these days.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services