[BlueOnyx:02451] Re: Linux Upgade

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Sep 18 20:19:41 -05 2009

Hi T. K.,

> With Red Hat Enterprise moving from 5.3 to a new upgrade 5.4.  Will
> blueonyx move to 5.4 at some point in time or is that 5.3 is a true final
> edition?

BlueOnyx will work on any CentOS5, regardless of the minor version of CentOS5.
Your sever uses YUM to update, so when CentOS-5.4 comes out, your BlueOnyx
will be updated to CentOS-5.4 as well.

Eventually a new ISO (BlueOnyx on CentOS-5.4) will be released as well, but
even if you do an install with the old ISO: Doing a YUM update will update it
to the same level as well.

Sometime down the road a CentOS-6.0 will come out (summer of 2010 or
thereabouts). THAT'll be a different story. There will be a BlueOnyx for that
version as well, but coding wise it'll be quite a bit of work for us again, as
a few things certainly will be different. Especially on the PHP front. But
we'll cross that bridge when we get there.