[BlueOnyx:02488] Re: can not block

T. K. Hughes tommykeegan at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 09:57:37 -05 2009

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Steve Howes
  Sent: Friday, September 25, 2009 10:29 AM
  Subject: [BlueOnyx:02487] Re: can not block

  On 25 Sep 2009, at 15:22, T. K. Hughes wrote:

  > Just got 5 emails saying that can not block. Email down below.  Any
  > idea what is going on?
  > They look to be coming in every few minutes.
  >

  > Unable to block non-ip target 60-248-76-6.hinet-ip.hinet.net
  >
  > Thanks,
  >
  > Tommy
  >
  > Know I am getting can not block every minute.  Show on failed logins
  > that it is blocked.  Logfiles show that it is still blocking but is
  > still trying different users & pass.
  >
  > Will pull the network the server for a few minutes to see if that
  > will help,
  >
  > Thanks,  Tommy

  Think this is a dfix/denyhosts/somescript thing... its because
  '60-248-76-6.hinet-ip.hinet.net' is a 'non-ip target' (its a host
  name). I suspect you have host name resolution turned on for apache or
  something...

  Steve

  I'm not great a at this Blueonyx or linuz yet.  How would I restart apache or would I just need to restart the server?

  Tommy