[BlueOnyx:02527] Re: Help with Mailman

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Wed Sep 30 15:08:51 -05 2009

Michael Stauber wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
>> If anybody has any input on this for me, I'd sure appreciate it.   I've
>> been at it off and on for a few days with no joy.   I'm sure it's
>> something little I'm missing.
>
> Here is what I did to set up Mailman on blueonyx.it:
>
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.devices.blueonyx.user/342/match=blueonyx+00342

SNIP - full thread at
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.devices.blueonyx.user/2515

> If that all is the case, then it should work. Took me a few hours to sort it
> out back then, as I wasn't entirely aware that I needed
> /etc/mail/virtusertable.mailman, too. The docs that I used for my install back
> then didn't mention that small fact.

The problem that I ran into was unrelated to the install procedure.  The
install procedure went fine.   I used SCP to transfer the configs for
existing lists to this server (leaving Plesk).   That transfer removed a
necessary sticky bit.   D'oh!

Now that I know what I'm looking at, I can migrate the remainder of the
dozen or so Mailman lists off the Plesk box and another satisfied
customer will happily enjoy the wonder that is BlueOnyx.   They are NOT
sad about ditching Plesk, but required Mailman.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services