[BlueOnyx:02528] Re: Reseller level users

Chuck Tetlow chuck at tetlow.net
Wed Sep 30 21:46:55 -05 2009

---------- Original Message -----------
From: sho <sho at ohkun.com>
Sent: Thu, 01 Oct 2009 01:27:30 +0900
Subject: [BlueOnyx:02522]  Reseller level users

> Hi,
>
> I wanna create reseller level users.
>
> Reseller level user:
>  - They can add virtual sites only the permitted number.
>  - They can modify sites that added themselves.
>  - They cannot use "server management".
>
> I can use PHP. Should I study the Sausalito API?
>
> --
> sho <sho at ohkun.com>

We just loaded up a separate box and turned over management to the person who wanted to be the "reseller".  Made sure we put in IP Address Allocation and locked it so she wouldn't stray outside it and screw up something else - and it works fine.  Its rare that I have to get involved with that box - and when I do, I charge standard technician hours.  Last I looked - she has something like 33 virtual sites on that box.  She pays her monthly co-lo hosting bill on time, and everyone is happy.

Too much trouble trying to reinvent the wheel with multiple levels of admin on one box.  Just use a separate machine or separate virtual machine.

Chuck