[BlueOnyx:04175] Re: Timestamps always show GMT with non-admin-users

Eiji Hamano (bluequartz) bluequartz at hypersys.ne.jp
Sun Apr 4 23:43:35 -05 2010

Hi  Michael Aronoff  and  Michael Stauber

First of all,  my problem is not fixed yet.

>> Make sure /etc/localtime is a symlink to your correct timezone.

The result of  "ls /etc/localtime -la" is;
localtime -> ../usr/share/zoneinfo/Asia/Tokyo

> A cced restart will usually always make sure that /etc/localtime is turned
> into a symlink that points to the timezone you have configured in the GUI.

I restared cced, also I restered the macine.  But not fixed.

> If left unattended each upgrade of "tzdata" would always reset the
> system time to US Eastern upon upgrades.

I am not sure "tzdata", but  my bad Timestamps are GMT,  not US Eastern
time.

Eiji Hamano