[BlueOnyx:04284] Re: MySQL/phpmyadmin error

Chuck Tetlow chuck at tetlow.net
Sun Apr 18 00:09:03 -05 2010

> I have seen something like this once before recently. In the other case,
> BX got out of sync with mysql after a mysql database restore. To check
> the details in the BX database, follow the steps below:
>
> Step 1. Login to CCE
> /usr/sausalito/bin/cceclient
>
> Step 2: Find the system object - "find system"
> 100 CSCP/0.80
> 200 READY
> find System
> 104 OBJECT 3
> 201 OK
>
> In the line above we got the object # 3 for the system object.
>
> Step 3: Now - lets get mysql settings. The get command below will need
> to have the same object number you found above for the system object.
>
> get 3.mysql
> 102 DATA NAMESPACE = "mysql"
> 102 DATA oldpass = "myoldpassword"
> 102 DATA username = "root"
> 102 DATA dump = ""
> 102 DATA CLASSVER = "1.2"
> 102 DATA delete = ""
> 102 DATA newpass = "mynewpassword"
> 102 DATA mysqluser = "root"
> 102 DATA onoff = "1260254639"
> 102 DATA password = ""
> 102 DATA dumpsize = "- n/a -"
> 102 DATA changepass = "1267708176"
> 102 DATA dumpdate = "- n/a -"
> 102 DATA enabled = "1"
> 201 OK
> bye
> 202 GOODBYE
>
> Step 4: Try to connect to mysql with the settings found in the database
> above. Use the username found in the mysqluser field, and try using the
> password found in "newpass". If it works, I am puzzled .... but if it
> doesnt work, you've found your culprit. Just do a password change in the
> gui, and all will be fixed.

I would think that a better idea of how to fix the problem - go into the MySQL database at the command line (that he's said he can do) and change the root user password to what he finds in that CCE database.  That way - the two will be in sync.

Once the MySQL root user password is changed to match the one in the CCE database, he should be able to log into PHPMyAdmin via the GUI and all should be right.  Then use the GUI to change it back to what every he wants -- and remember to NEVER change it at the command-line again!

Chuck