[BlueOnyx:04330] Re: JFolder problem with Joomla installation i BlueOnyx

Greg Kuhnert gkuhnert at compassnetworks.com.au
Wed Apr 21 16:11:19 -05 2010

Hi Stefan.

On 22/04/2010 3:53 AM, Stefan Porutis wrote:
> Hi!
> I'm new here and hope that I'm using this list in a proper way.
>
> I'm testing the BlueOnyx to evaluate if I can use it as hostingplatform.
> I like the feel and look but run into problems with Joomla, witch is the CMS used by all the sites on my server.
> Therefore I'm eager to solve this.
>
> After installation i get the warning in the Joomla admin page when I'm updating.
> JFolder::create: Infinite loop detected
>
> And I can see this in the apache error log.
>
> [Wed Apr 21 19:20:04 2010] [error] [client 192.168.5.110] PHP Warning:  is_dir() [<a href='function.is-dir'>function.is-dir</a>]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/) is not within the allowed path(s): (/tmp/:/var/lib/php/session/:/home/.sites/28/site1/) in /home/.sites/28/site1/web/libraries/joomla/filesystem/folder.php on line 392, referer: http://192.168.5.25/administrator/index.php?option=com_config
>
> I have only run into this problem on my standard BlueOnyx (installed from the latest ISO and updated 20th of april)
> with standard installation of Joomla Ver 1.5.15
> Permission on tmp and logs folder are set to 777 for the moment.
>
> I have also tried to fool around with the open_basedir in /etc/httpd/conf/vhosts/site1 with no success.

I found the same problem when testing our joomla installer for BlueOnyx
some time ago. There is a function in Joomla that validates a parent
directory before trying to open a real directory. For example. Your tmp
directory is /tmp ... Joomla tries to open / and then /tmp .... Bad
behaviour for Joomla in my opinion - but thats what it does.

How to get around this? Two ways. Include / in openbasedir .... (Not an
elegant solution)....  A better option... Our joomla installer creates
all paths within the vsite (including a local tmp directory) ... Since
they are all in the openbasedir, it works first go. Give this a try and
re-test...

Regards,
Greg.

|   / \   Greg Kuhnert, gkuhnert at compassnetworks.com.au               |
|<   o>  Compass Networks - Pointing you in the right direction      |
|   \ /   Come see us for BlueQuartz / BlueOnyx modules&  Support.    |