[BlueOnyx:04364] Re: Strong Password Checking

Richard Morgan richard at morgan-web.co.uk
Wed Apr 28 17:09:38 -05 2010

OK, I'll start with a disclaimer... strong password checking is a damn good
thing and the guys or girls that put it together did a mighty fine job at
helping to keep our boxes secure.

However, if for some reason outside the realm of normal mortal thinking it
is necessary to disable it... try the following:

su -
pico /usr/sausalito/ui/web/uifc/check_password.php

There is a line that says:

$password = $_POST["password"];

Directly under it and before the $dictionary... line, add the following to
overwrite the variable with a strong password.  Such as:

$password = "fl1pp1nL0ngP855w0rd";

Exit pico, save and password checking is disabled.  It might get overwritten
during an update so don't be surprised if it suddenly works again.

There's a good little ebook floating around called 'nix_intrusion.pdf'
(Google knows it).  You might want to keep it handy :o)

Hope this helps.

Richard