[BlueOnyx:05219] Re: SSL not working on Vsite

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Mon Aug 16 13:05:55 -05 2010

Luis wrote:
> This is the same issue that I was having a few weeks back. I got some help from
> another mailing list users, but we were still not able to fix it. The issue is
> that after installing the SSL for a Vsite, and then I go check on the SSL I get
> nothing. The Vsite is not using the server IP, it has its own IP. Here is the
> example site https://www.bazaarnovelty.com/ . I have tried other sites on the
> same server and I get the same result. I have also tried it with SSL from Comodo
> and RapidSSL and I still get the same issue. I have been trying to fix this for
> the past few weeks and I am not getting anywhere, any help would be greatly
> appreciate it. Thanks.

It looks to me like the problem is either:

1) The certificate is self signed.  When you first created the CSR, you
left the box ticked that says "Generate Self-Signed Certificate".  In
this case, you'll need to generate a new CSR without that box ticked.

2) You have not imported the CA.  In the SSL management, click to Manage
Certificate Authorities and import the CA cert(s) as necessary.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services