[BlueOnyx:05268] Re: Secondary mail server

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Fri Aug 20 12:01:56 -05 2010

Hi Gary,

Gary Sedgwick wrote:
> Aventurin{e} looks great, but for many vsites ("unlimited" option) and
> clustered, it's just out of my price range.  I'm also worried about what
> really happens under the covers e.g. whether to worry about split brains,
> etc.  I've spent ages looking into heartbeat/pacemaker etc., but again
> it's the issues with split brains, hardware for proper STONITH, etc.  As
> well as the fact that it just seems so extremely complicated to set up!
> In contrast, I set up and successfully tested DRBD in no time at all - and
> I was worried that was going to prove to be the biggest headache.

I'm not an Aventurin{e} sales person, and I make nothing off a sale.
But I did want to help clear up some possible confusion.

Aventurin{e} does not care how many vsites you have running on it.  Only
how many virtual MACHINES.   If you have a single server that you would
like to cluster, then I might suggest the Aventurin{e} clustering Blade
edition from SolarSpeed.  It's very inexpensive, and allows for 1 VPS
(with unlimited vsites / vhosts).

For complete information, I'd say visit the Aventurin{e} homepage or
contact SolarSpeed directly, since all the sales & pricing is handled there.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services