[BlueOnyx:03224] Re: php error

Brian bmcewen at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 22:42:35 -05 2010

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 11:16 AM, Darrell D. Mobley <dmobley at uhostme.com> wrote:
> [...]

Is there something to find re: the install of PHP present with BX and
safe modes?

I have been trying some small things with PHP on my own just to play,
but have troubles that I won't go into as they are really just learner
coding troubles.

However, one thing that always fought me when I tried certain things
on BX was safe_mode restrictions that I could not sort out.

Based on the comments here, as a test I just put in Gallery2, which
needs safe mode off, and exec allowed.

Safe_mode and safe_mode_gid are off in the UI, exec is off in the UI
and I made sure they were set off in /etc/php.ini (the one in admserv
has the safe mode set off already, of course).  Toggling exec seems to
work; but changing the UI, the php.ini, restarting processes and even
then rebooting the server doesn't seem to change what the system sees
as the safe mode setting.

As a test, Gallery won't install/ run as it is finding safe_mode set
someplace still:

Warning: set_time_limit() [function.set-time-limit]: Cannot set time
limit in safe mode in
/home/.sites/143/site2/web/gallery2/install/steps/SystemChecksStep.class
on line 168

I also ran the permission changing Michael mentioned, with no changes.
chown apache:site2 -R  /home/.sites/143/site2/web

I set up a virtual Ubuntu server and I can toggle safe mode off and
on, Gallery2 will install/ not install depending on how I set the
php.ini.

Are there some other places this is being configured that are eluding
myself (and apparently others?)