[BlueOnyx:03278] Re: dns issue

Luis Rojas Luis at avalonglobal.com
Wed Jan 6 17:33:14 -05 2010

Depends on the level of control you have over the servers and how the

zones are set up... Looks to me like they are hosted on

avalonglobal... Don't personally know how their name servers are set up.

Hopefully, 66.51.110.254 has a secondary zone file feeding off of

64.141.17.199 which will update based on the ttl of the zone. If you

have control over that secondary zone, tell the server to refresh that

zone, otherwise it will occur automatically at SOME point. If you

don't administer those servers, You'll have to contact them or wait...

If (God forbid) both servers have those zone files as primary zones,

you'll have to make the changes to the second server like the first.

Jeff

Ok so it looks like they have both servers set up as primary. So what I
logged into ns2 and changed the records manually for that domain. I am not
sure where 66.51.110.254 is coming from, because ns1(17.198) and
ns2(17.140).