[BlueOnyx:04978] Re: 5106R YUM updates (suPHP)

Abdul Rashid Abdullah webmaster at muntada.com
Wed Jul 7 10:37:54 -05 2010

Michael,

>> However: It also means that 'open_basedir' is entirely ignored if suPHP is
>> enabled and scripts that run through suPHP are not affected by
>> 'open_basedir'  at all. I just tested that and I'm not entirely happy with
>> this. Will have to see if there is a way to straighten that one out.

I am not entirely clear on this.  Perhaps I misread the empirical results of
my tests or I am just plain confused.  ;-)

When I added directories to the open_basedir at the global level and did a
phpinfo with suPHP enabled, I did see the path showing up.  I realize what
you are saying is that this might in fact be true but of no consequence, but
what I can also say is that when I did do this, my scripts did work and when
I took out the paths, my application stopped working.  So for me, I believe
it did have an effect.

I appreciate all of your time and effort towards this.  I know I am not
coding but hopefully I am helping from a QA perspective.

Regards,

Rashid