[BlueOnyx:05024] Re: Firefox crashing...

Christoph Schneeberger cschnee at box.telemedia.ch
Mon Jul 12 05:23:33 -05 2010

Greg Kuhnert wrote:
> Survey questions:
>
> 1. What product(s) do you use? (Specify version number please... To get
> this, go to Updates (or bluelinq), and click Installed Software.
>
> 2. What firefox version do you use.
>
> 3. Do you experience firefox crashing during login to your server?
> (Please specify if the problem happens for all product(s) specified in #1)
>
> 4. How often does Firefox crash during login to your web server?
>
> 5. What hardware / OS environment are you using?
>
> 6. What extensions and plugins are you using in Firefox? (Take screen
> captures and include with your survey reply)
>
> 7. Do you have any unusual hardware security devices on your PC? (Eg:
> Fingerprint reader)

1. many BlueOnyx VZ (fully yummed), 1 BQ (Strongbolt on 550)
2. Iceweasel 3.06 with noscript on Debian Lenny, Firefox 3.5.9 on
Windows XP
3. Never seen this happen and never heard from the customer base yet
that somebody crashed his browser on login (However, customers might not
find it related to BQ if it happens not often and repeatable enough). I
open and close tabs with BQ-Admin Sessions many times a day, however I
only seldomly login as siteadmin or user.
4. zip-nada-null
5. see above
6. flash, java and noscript on linux, flash and java on windows
7. Yes, many different usb-adapters (i.e. 1-wire,lcd etc.)

Hope this helps.

Christoph