[BlueOnyx:05098] Re: cmuImport and absolute path of vsite

Ken - Precision Web Hosting, Inc kenlists at precisionweb.net
Fri Jul 23 12:38:46 -05 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: <p.paoloni at molecole.com>

> When I migrate a vsite from a BX server to another using
> cmuExport/cmuImport, the utility doesn't preserve the absolute path
> /home/.sites/#/site# from the old server to the new.
> This create problems with many CMS like Joomla.
> There is a way to force cmuImport to create a vsite with an absolute path?
> Or can I change the absolute path of a vsite and which files I have to
> edit?
>
> Thanks.
> Paolo

> This message was sent through MOLECOLE - http://www.molecole.com

Paolo

>>force cmuImport to create a vsite

If you are migrating all the sites on a server at once, then you can do it
by creating filler sites on the old server. The filler/placeholder sites are
for the empty spaces left when deleting sites.

For example, if your old server has 100 sites on it, but the highest
sitenumber is 120, then just create 20 filler sites like temp1.test.com
temp2.test.com. That will fill in the gaps.

Then on the new server, make sure that you have no sites set up before you
import.

Then when you import multiple sites, the site path will match on all sites.

Or, if you are just doing one site,  migrate as usual. Then just change the
path in all files using something like

cd /home/sites/www.somesite.com/web

#perl -p -i -e 's/old/new/g' *

#e.g. for changing 33/site5  to 98\/site7
perl -p -i -e 's/33\/site5/98\/site7/g' *
perl -p -i -e 's/33\/site5/98\/site7/g' */*
perl -p -i -e 's/33\/site5/98\/site7/g' */*/*
perl -p -i -e 's/33\/site5/98\/site7/g' */*/*/*

----
Ken M
Precision Web Hosting, Inc.
http://www.precisionweb.net