[BlueOnyx:05147] Re: Z-Push ports

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Jul 29 17:45:43 -05 2010

Hi Colin,

> The problem is that other ActiveSync enabled cell phones with an 'Exchange'
> email setup won't accept a server with :81 on the end! Even the new
> Samsung  Galaxy S (touted as an iPhone 4 alternative) won't allow a port
> number in the server address.

Depends. We put Z-Push onto the ports of AdmServ (HTTP: 444, HTTPS: 81) to
make sure that third party PHP upgrades and/or third party ActiveSync
applications (like in GroupOffice) don't cause conflicts.

You can try the following:

cp /etc/admserv/conf.d/z-push.conf /etc/httpd/conf.d/z-push.conf
/etc/init.d/httpd restart

That should enable Z-Push on the regular Apache ports 80 and/or 443, too. I
haven't tested that, but typically it ought to work.