[BlueOnyx:04769] Re: /tec/mail/access

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Jun 18 05:17:11 -05 2010

Hi David,

> My only problem - the BX watchdog scripts keep screwing it up and changing
> the firewall rules.  So I've got to reload every once in a while - to keep
> these and other custom rules effective.  Wish I could stop that....  Any
> ideas Michael??

rm /etc/cron.hourly/log_traffic

That cronjob sets up the traffic accounting Iptables rules that are needed for
the (useless) built in traffic statistics of the GUI. It will reset any custom
firewall rules. You can delete it to get rid of that interference and the only
implications will be that the traffic statistics of the GUI will no longer
work.