[BlueOnyx:04838] Re: Firewall for Datacenter

Ralf Quint Smoothwall at gmx.net
Mon Jun 28 19:00:33 -05 2010

At 03:45 PM 6/28/2010, Michael Stauber wrote:

>That's right. A firewall is an important piece of the network architecture,
>but it shouldn't dictate you how you have to structure your network layout.
>Also Smoothwall only supports 3 NICs at the most, which - for me - isn't
>enough ("RED", "Office", "DMZ" and "WLAN").

Sorry Michael, but you are spreading old news here.

Smoothwall Express 3.0, which was released almost 3 years ago
supports up to 4 subnets, covering exactly your configuration. And
Smoothwall Express 4.0, though not likely publicly available before
end of the year, might even level that "restriction" (if it is one in
the first place)...

Ralf