[BlueOnyx:04847] Migration Issues BlueQuart -> BlueOnyx

free4me at gmx.ch free4me at gmx.ch
Wed Jun 30 04:24:17 -05 2010

Hi List

I need to make a migration of some sites on old Bluequartz Systems to Blue Onyx 5.5. I've read some posts about this in this mailinglist and i wonder if some people can tell me their migration experience.

- Do i have to expect specific problems with exports/imports from the
cmu tool (on the current BlueQuartz System the sites are using Mailaccounts and only some simpe static/php sites)?

- Does the cmuExport tool only exports config files/data or does it make an export with all the user data (ex. like the Plesk Dump tools)?

- I've read that i should use the latest CMU Version on Blue Quartz (2.80) for exporting. Currentlyi have only version 2.63:

*********
5100R-cmu.noarch                         2.63-0BQ15.centos4     installed
Matched from:
5100R-cmu
Cobalt Migration Utility (CMU)
*********

I've runned an update but the latest version i get with yum is 2.67:

*********
5100R-cmu-2.67-0BQ19.cent 100% |=========================|  15 kB    00:00
---> Package 5100R-cmu.noarch 0:2.67-0BQ19.centos4 set to be updated
--> Running transaction check

Dependencies Resolved

 Package                 Arch       Version          Repository        Size
Updating:
 5100R-cmu               noarch     2.67-0BQ19.centos4  BlueQuartz         90 k

Transaction Summary
*********

How do i get CMU 2.80 for the Bluequartz System? Do i have to add a specific yum repo?

Thanks for advices