[BlueOnyx:04848] Re: Brian type permissions question..

Klein Joachim j.klein at ibusiness.at
Wed Jun 30 04:34:41 -05 2010

Am 18.02.2009 21:23, schrieb Michael Stauber:
> Hi Tobias,
>

>> Could using suPHP (http://www.suphp.org) be an option?
>>
>> "...suPHP is a tool for executing PHP scripts with the permissions of their
>> owners. It consists of an Apache module (mod_suphp) and a setuid root
>> binary (suphp) that is called by the Apache module to change the uid of the
>> process executing the PHP interpreter..."
>>
>> Because with changing the permissions of files you get at least one more
>> problem than already discussed:  the quota count gets wrong!
>>
>> Because we already have this problem with users and their cms'es I would
>> really like this!
>>
> Hmm ... never heard of that one before. Looks interesting and I'll give it a
> shot on a test box.

Hy Michael!

What is the status of the tests or implemantation of the module mod_suphp??
I have seen a Changeset in the Bluequartz.org TRAC-System
http://bluequartz.org/trac/changeset/1492/

If this would be implemented, then I have one big problem gone.
Many of my customers uses CMS-Systems and then the quota of the sites is
wrong.
I have sites who have a quota of 500mb and the uses 2.5GB (five times more).
The next problem is: A marketing agency makes a website and upload the
files.
But if the want to change or delete files which are created from apache
(inside the cms)
then the can´t make any change with the FTP-Clients.
thanks for your great work in the past
Joachim Klein