[BlueOnyx:04389] Re: DNS Settings

Administrator Administrator at networkdesignsinc.com
Mon May 3 18:25:59 -05 2010

I have verify everything that you listed and everything is set except the "check /etc/named.conf allow transfer on primary"

I have many records setup like the following below, but nothing about "allowing transfer on primary".

  masters { 68.x.x.250; };
};

zone "tracksideperformance.com" {
  type slave;
  file "db.tracksideperformance.com";
  masters { 68.x.x.250; };
};

zone "xtremetm.net" {
  type slave;
  file "db.xtremetm.net";
  masters { 68.x.x.250; };
};

 [root at ns2 named]# ls
data  pri.0.0.127.in-addr.arpa  root.hint  slaves
[root at ns2 named]#

I am currently looking for errors in a syslog on our Pix between these servers as they are on separate networks.

On another note should have any servers listed for "zone transfer access by IP" in the GUI on the secondary (or primary) or any other settings in advance.

These are production servers and I now know why the primary gets hit so hard. I would like to share the wealth between them.

Thanks in advance for your help.