[BlueOnyx:04399] Re: Removing Tomcat

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Wed May 5 12:09:39 -05 2010

Darrell D. Mobley wrote:
> [...]

That was the first choice, but inevitably somebody will come along and
click all the options on the Web settings.  Because hey, if you've got
the box, why wouldn't you tick it?!  Or somebody gets confused and
thinks they need to click it because they will be using javascript on
the site.

So the request is "if we don't use it anyway, can we just delete it?"

I know that BX doesn't rely on Tomcat for any reason.  I just figured
I'd check to make sure the yum remove tomcat* shouldn't cause any
issues.  It doesn't look like it would, given the dependencies.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services