[BlueOnyx:04437] Re: DNS does not propagate

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Mon May 10 16:40:56 -05 2010

Dudi Goldenberg wrote:
> Hi Arthur,
>
>> they both insisted everything is OK at their part.
>>
>> what can i do with this?
>
> whois for your domain shows:
>
> Domain ID:D10632189-LRMS
> Domain Name:ARTHURSHERMAN.INFO
> Created On:29-Jul-2005 00:42:08 UTC
> Last Updated On:01-May-2010 21:16:57 UTC
> Expiration Date:29-Jul-2011 00:42:08 UTC
> Sponsoring Registrar:GoDaddy.com Inc. (R171-LRMS)
> Status:CLIENT DELETE PROHIBITED
> Status:CLIENT RENEW PROHIBITED
> Status:CLIENT TRANSFER PROHIBITED
> Status:CLIENT UPDATE PROHIBITED
> Status:INACTIVE
> Status:TRANSFER PROHIBITED

> Another thing, did you set the nameserver to NS1.ARTHURSHERMAN.INFO in
> godaddy's control panel?
>
> kitty:~# dig +short godaddy.com ns
> cns1.secureserver.net.
> cns2.secureserver.net.
> cns3.secureserver.net.
>
> kitty:~# dig +short ARTHURSHERMAN.INFO ns @cns1.secureserver.net
> kitty:~# dig +short ARTHURSHERMAN.INFO ns @cns2.secureserver.net
> kitty:~# dig +short ARTHURSHERMAN.INFO ns @cns3.secureserver.net
>
> It seems that godaddy does not control your DNS.

Ugh.   Godaddy.  Thank GOODNESS we transferred our last domain out of
that snakepit a month ago.   I'm so happy to be doing business with a
reputable (and responsive) registrar.

I think your issue has to do with their domain configuration.   Make
sure that they have your nameservers listed to be authoritative for the
domain.   Right now, the Internet doesn't think that they do:

[ERROR: The parent servers say that the domain ARTHURSHERMAN.INFO does
not have any NS records (although they may have some other information
on that zone). I can not do a DNS report on a hostname (such as
mail.example.com) or a domain name that does not have its own zone.]

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services