[BlueOnyx:04457] Re: DNS does not propagate - SOLVED

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Wed May 12 08:27:57 -05 2010

Arthur Sherman wrote:
> The problem indeed was at registrar level.
>
> Thank you a lot, all you guys, your help is precious!
>
> this brings another question: which Registrars you believe are best?

This is likely to bring about a lot of opinions.

We have tried many.  I won't go back to anything remotely associated
with the words "go" or "daddy".

We've wound up consolidating all of our domain operations to Tucows and
the OpenSRS system.   I like them for a few reasons.  One is that they
have been very responsive to our requests and feedback.  We're far from
the largest Tucows reseller, but they do take us seriously and that
means something to me.   Another reason I really like them is their
no-nonsense interface and customer-facing interfaces.  We can give
customers either a non-branded OpenSRS login or a branded "storefront"
login and they're never being solicited for other services by the registrar.

Contrast that with many of the retail registrars who will also try and
hook you for hosting or VPS or any number of other services that you
also sell.  Tucows OTOH is happy to sit in the background, anonymously.

Their prices are not necessarily "the lowest" but they are very low.  In
addition, they will, from time to time, team up with the various
registries on promotions.  For instance, there was a time a few months
ago when .info domains were going for virtually nothing.   While other
registrars will still charge you full price, Tucows will pass along the
promotion to you.

We've been very pleased.

If anybody is interested, I'd be happy to pass along our human contact
there for a direct introduction.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services