[BlueOnyx:04571] Advise on which packages to buy

Reginald reginaldvw at gmail.com
Thu May 20 05:14:15 -05 2010

I have to buy a couple of packages for BO but what do I need and what not?

Here is what I had in mind:
(source: http://www.solarspeed.net/cart.php?target=category&category_id=281)

AWStats - Advanced Web statistics
---> I definitely need it

AV-SPAM v5.1.1
---> I definitely need it

PHP upgrade BlueOnyx
---> do I really need this? AFAICT default is PHP-5.1.6 and the
upgrade is PHP-5.2.13
---> what if tomorrow another upgrade comes out? do I bring out my wallet again?

phpMyAdmin
---> similar to above, version 2.9.1.1 is default on BlueOnyx, upgrade
is for phpMyAdmin-3.1.3

Automated Backup v2 (BlueOnyx) [*]
---> I am not planning on getting it, the BO is installed on a Proxmox
node and Proxmox allows to make backups, unless someone will advice me
otherwise

APF and BFD [*]
---> I guess I really should get this one, right?

Am I missing something?

Best regards,

Reg