[BlueOnyx:04676] Re: Yum Update Error

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri May 28 06:57:03 -05 2010

Hi Richard,

> Today I received these errors:
> http://mirrors.igsobe.com/centos/5.5/updates/i386/RPMS/device-mapper-1.02.3
> 9-1.el5_5.2.i386.rpm: [Errno -1] Package does not match intended download
> Trying other mirror.
> http://mirror.rackspace.com/CentOS/5.5/updates/i386/RPMS/device-mapper-1.02
> .39-1.el5_5.2.i386.rpm: [Errno -1] Package does not match intended download
> Trying other mirror.
> http://mirror.raystedman.net/centos/5.5/updates/i386/RPMS/device-mapper-1.0
> 2.39-1.el5_5.2.i386.rpm: [Errno 14] HTTP Error 510: Not Extended
> Trying other mirror.
>[...]

Yeah, it looks like the official CentOS mirrors are hosed at the moment.  I'm
getting similar results from the European mirrors, so it could be that it's
not just an isolated problem that affects a few mirrors here and there, but
that the RPM in question was already bad on the very souce which everybody
else synchronized from.

I guess the CentOS guys should already be aware of the issue, but it'll take a
couple of hours (or the rest of the day) until a fixed version of that RPM
filters down to the rest of the mirrors.