[BlueOnyx:05749] Re: email problem - spamd result question

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Nov 9 23:00:36 -05 2010

Hi Jim,

>   spamd[1252]: spamd: result: . -1 - BAYES_00,SPF_PASS

The message passed and got delivered, with a SPAM score of -1. The negative
score means that the email was not found to be a SPAM.

The only two SpamAssassin rules that were triggered were "BAYES_00" and
"SPF_PASS".

BAYES_00 means that the email was in the Bayesian database, so the recipient
of this email got "clean" messages from the same sender address before.

SPF_PASS means that the sender had valid SPF entries for his DNS and Email
address.

> I have a user complaining that one of their business partners are
> having their email rejected.

Not according to that small excerpt of your maillog. Or at least your
SpamAssassin had nothing to do with it.