[BlueOnyx:05769] Re: Automated installs of CMS's

Darrell D. Mobley dmobley at uhostme.com
Wed Nov 10 19:51:05 -05 2010

Most of today's successful web hosts have models based on giving away
everything for nothing, although we know they are really nothing for
nothing.  But with perception being reality, if a customer can see, in
Chris' example, 176 options, they are more inclined to sign up.  As it is, I
find myself having interested parties ask the question, I refer them to WHAM
and say pick your poison, and a week later I am writing them back to ask if
they found a solution yet, only to have them they tell me they are now on
Plesk or Cpanel.  A free installer like WHAM is great ... for the web host.
We need to start thinking like the client ... everything for very little,
and then we can stand a chance of getting some of those customers back.

In our era of everyone being a blogger or a web site owner, if we don't stop
thinking that providing the basics is enough, then we will all suffer.

Greg does great work, for him I am appreciative.  I know he wants to get
some compensation back for his work with WHAM.  If that means a monthly
license, sign me up ... after we get some more choices under the roof.