[BlueOnyx:05851] Re: Building BlueOnyx ISO file

Gerald Waugh gwaugh at frontstreetnetworks.com
Tue Nov 16 07:16:28 -05 2010

On Mon, 2010-11-15 at 23:39 +0000, Dogsbody wrote:
> Hi All,
> bluequartz bluequartz
> I'm sure I remember seeing instructions on how to build a custom
> BlueQuartz/BlueOnyx ISO file.  Can anyone point me to it please?
>
> Thank you :-)
I googled a bit, but didn't find anything significant'
Writing this from memory, if you have trouble let me know

  mkdir /home/custom-cd
  mkdir /mnt/cdrom
  mount </dev/cdrom> /mnt/cdrom
  cp -rp mount/cdrom/* /home/custom-cd
  cp /mnt/cdrom/.discinfo /home/custom-cd
  cd /home/custom-cd
  -----
  do your customization
  maybe add pkgs to PKGS
  edit install.files (add pkgs in PKGS for auto install)
  maybe edit install.script
  -----
  execute mkiso
  (custom command I put in /usr/bin so root could find it.)

this mkisofs puts the iso in a directory above
where you are working ../ISO
so obviously you would need to mkdir ISO
the script further assumes you are in i.e. /home/custom-cd (where the
data is) thus the "." at the end else path to data

------ script to execute mkisofs -------
------   I call mine mkiso
#!/bin/sh
#arg 1 is iso name