[BlueOnyx:05896] server repair/replacement

Germano germano at soru.me.uk
Fri Nov 19 10:50:48 -05 2010

Hi,

Just a quick question, something I have pondered for a while

Lets say my server dies tomorrow, the motherboard goes bad, processor..
Something along thoughts lines

Am I able to just swap the hard drives out into something else and run it
with minimal effort?

I don't keep spares and just wondered if it was a dangerous game to play.

I tend to get last years model on ebay which sometimes means parts are
expensive or hard to come by for some things, since a lot of what I do is
for my own benefit and I take my friends and family along for the ride so it
doesn't make sense to have inventory

Regards,

Germano

believed to be clean.