[BlueOnyx:05903] Re: replacement mainboard for tyan gs-14?

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Nov 19 14:09:06 -05 2010

Hi Florian,

> does anyone have one for sale or know if those mainboards are still
> available somewhere? i have one gs-14 with a defective ethernet port that i
> need to repair.

I once had the same problem. As Jeffrey said: Easiest fix is to use the PCI
slot to plug in a PCI network card. A riser card should alrady be plugged in.
They came with the chassis back then and IIRC they were already plugged into
the onboard PCI slot.

Other than that: I'd imagine original replacement boards might nowadays be
difficult to get. Best bet for that route would be Tyan itself, or one of the
outlets that still sells Tyan stuff.