[BlueOnyx:05957] Recent post and cooments about CMS installers

Richard C. Barker Sr. rc at probass.com
Tue Nov 30 21:06:10 -05 2010

In recent posts there have been discussions about CMS installers, and
some security related discussions relating to hacked servers. I wanted
to share my experiences in case this info helps others on the list to
find solutions to these problems.

We own a bundle of packages from Compass and our customers are thankful
and using them. Customers are able to install and setup their own
website without any help.

The ones we we provide to our clients currently are.
WHAM Module -- DAlbum    1.43
WHAM Module -- PhpCoin    1.6.5
WHAM Module -- ProjectPier    0.8.0.3
WHAM Module -- Web Calendar    1.2
WHAM Module -- atsphp    5.2.1
WHAM Module -- b2evolution    3.3.3
WHAM Module -- bandwidthmeter    0.72
WHAM Module -- dokuwiki    2010.11.07
WHAM Module -- drupal6    6.19
WHAM Module -- e107    0.7.24
WHAM Module -- eGroupware    1.6.001
WHAM Module -- flatcalendar    1.1
WHAM Module -- gallery2    2.3
WHAM Module -- gbookphp    2.4.4
WHAM Module -- ipplan    4.92.1
WHAM Module -- joomla    1.5.22
WHAM Module -- livehelp    2.16.8
WHAM Module -- oscmax    2.0.25
WHAM Module -- osticket    1.6.5
WHAM Module -- phplist    2.10.12
WHAM Module -- pollphp    2.0.8
WHAM Module -- websitebaker    2.7.0
WHAM Module -- wordpress    3.0.1

We also have the Security bundle which includes DFix 2.xx. Unlike DFix
1.9.4, it is  a daemon not a cron job. It runs faster, with less
overhead. Attacks are blocked instantly, instead of waiting for up to 1
minute for the next CRON cycle.

We had an issue a while back and Compass Networks installed a cool RFI
blocking system that they call "haxor". It has been successfully killing
those RFI hacks and I think is may now be part of Compass Security bundle.

Finally, I've given my wish list of new apps to Compass... and from what
I see, the "production line" is getting ready to get through the list.
Code Igniter
Contact Form
Coppermine
Coranto
CubeCart
Feed On Feeds
Help Center Live
iTron Clock
LimeSurvey
Magento
Mambo
Mantis
MediaWiki
MODx
Noah's Classifieds
ocPortal
OpenX
osCommerce
PHP-Nuke
phpBB
phpESP
php File Manager
phpFormGenerator
phpLinkDirectory
PHPLinks
phpMyChat
phpMyCounter
phpMyFAQ
phpShop
Pivot
Power File Manager
PrestaShop
Search Engine Project
Simple Machines Forum
Simple Poll
SiteBar
Site Recommender
Soholaunch
SugarCRM
WebCards
XMB Forum
Xoops
Zen Cart
Zikula

  Richard C. Barker Sr.
  CEO & President
  1-800-510-3139
  ProBass Networks Inc.
    http://www.probassnetworks.net
    http://www.probass.net
  DISCLAIMER : -
  This e-mail is confidential and intended only for the use
  of the individual or entity named above and may contain
  information that is privileged. If you are not the intended
  recipient, you are notified that any dissemination, distribution
  or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have
  received this email in error, please notify us immediately
  by return email or telephone and destroy the original message.