[BlueOnyx:05551] Re: ASP website

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Tue Oct 12 12:47:31 -05 2010

Martin Jensen wrote:
> Yeah, Windows I believe..

I generally agree with this.   We keep Windows boxes running so that we
can accommodate customers that need Windows hosting.   The trouble with
the emulators and workarounds always seems to be that they will handle a
great deal of the ASP requirement, but not 100%.  Our customer will
inevitably require functionality that for whatever reason doesn't make
it to the emulators.

Of course, if the needs are met by the emulator now, chances are that in
the future some new addition will be made and the site won't work.

It's just much easier to go with native Windows. We have an alternative
web-based control panel for the Windows servers that the customers can
use (much like BlueOnyx.)

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services