[BlueOnyx:05559] Re: Backups

Dogsbody dan at dogsbody.org
Wed Oct 13 04:34:35 -05 2010

> Has anyone had any success with anything other than raqbackup?

I custom wrote a load of backup scripts that use rsync over SSH but
http://rsnapshot.org/ does exactly the same thing now.  I "backup" just
under 1TB of data each night and it only pushes files that have changed.

Backing up to a server that can use hardlinks also means I can store the
last 30 days worth or backups without using 30 times the space.

For some of the BQ specific stuff I run a CMU export but with the -c
option so that it only exports the XML configuration files...
   /usr/sbin/cmuExport -c -d /home/nightly-backup/cmu
... this means the site setup can easily be restored.

I also do a mysqldump of each database which can be easily backed up and
restored if needed.

I hope this helps.

Dan