[BlueOnyx:05583] Re: Sending mail from the webmail : bad sender address

Soyer Frank fsoyer at systea.net
Thu Oct 14 17:38:42 -05 2010

Yes ?
That seems strange to me... Is it a sendmail limitation ?
I work also with a panel called ISPConfig, using Postfix as mail server.
I don't have to configure the webmail : the user logged in has
automatically the right sender address.

Tell each user to individually configure that sort of thing is terribly
heavy ! On a server which ca server several dozen of users ? No, I can't
believe that.
Is it something to try to improve it ? For example, like ISPConfig, if
the user could login with his email address instead of just his login,
the webmail could reuse this email ?

Thanks for suggestions, I'd like to try to solve that. Maybe it can be
useful for others ?

Frank