[BlueOnyx:05615] Re: Anti-Virus only solution.

Jeff Folk jefffolk at mac.com
Wed Oct 20 12:11:44 -05 2010

I opted to enable (temporarily) the Dag Wieers yum repo to get ClamAV
installed (yum install clamav*).

****************************
Be sure to disable it, because it could seriously mess up the
adminserv if the auto yum update runs... You have been warned!
****************************

Then the INPUT_MAIL_FILTER changed accordingly to the proper path to
the clmilter.socket
Mine:
INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`clmilter', `S=local:/var/clamav/clmilter.socket,
F=, T=S:4m;R:4m')dnl
define(`confINPUT_MAIL_FILTERS', `clmilter')

The default behavior is for the milter to not add x-headers, and for
the mail to be quarantined (left in the sendmail queue with a status
of 'quarantined'). This prevents delivery of infected mails, but
leaves them accessible to the server admin for delivery (flush a
message to force delivery)... I don't think there is any handlers for
end user notification (one advantage of mailscanner), you'd have to
periodically check the mail queue or configure the milter to send the
message to oblivion in the conf file. (see man clamav-milter.conf
after install)

I've configured mine to add headers and reject the messages. Mail
senders get a bounce if the mail is rejected (smtp will reject local
users also) that may or may not include the headers/reasons for
rejection... Otherwise... I don't care!  =)

Hope this helps!
Jeff