[BlueOnyx:07984] Re: Software RAID rebuild faster

Richard Morgan richard at morgan-web.co.uk
Thu Aug 4 05:43:51 -05 2011

This did and does help rather a lot...

While RAID is rebuilding I ran:

echo 195000 > /proc/sys/dev/raid/speed_limit_min

This shaved about an hour off an estimated four hour rebuild time.  I
fiddled around with stopping apache, mysql, etc.  This hardly made any
difference, but then the server is fairly quiet anyway... maybe a busy
server would have seen a significant difference.

Many thanks for sharing your knowledge.

Richard