[BlueOnyx:07992] Re: email error messages

Christoph Schneeberger cschnee at box.telemedia.ch
Thu Aug 4 15:41:58 -05 2011

Mark McGavin wrote:
> Thanks but thats too easy :-))
>

> I have some lazy clients who check mail infrequently. If i gave them
> the whole server they would fill it with junk mail. Would much rather
> edit the error message so it did not reveal so much info ....
Simple to solve, there's an app for that! :) Install archivemail.py from
http://archivemail.sourceforge.net/ and run it daily for the users that
have problems with reading their mail, i.e.:

archivemail.py -d 5 --delete /home/.sites/95/site29/.users/76/prop_info/mbox

Maybe you want to increase 5 to 10, but messages older than 10days need
not to be read anyways and as added bonus your users will learn to read
their mail in time ;)

Seriously: The only way I can think of is to patch procmails mailfold.c
to avoid disclosing the path.

Cheers,
Christoph