[BlueOnyx:08059] Re: Install of 5107R problem (new lv is too large)

Jeff Folk jfolk at qzoneinc.com
Wed Aug 10 15:57:30 -05 2011

On Aug 10, 2011, at 3:41 PM, Jeff Folk wrote:

>> Hi Gerald,
>>
>>> Just tried to install on an IBM with adaptec controller
>>> and 80GB drives. get the error about size is too big to fit in space.
>>
>> OK, this is really depressing. I'll look into it, although it means I have to
>> waste a development box on my end for troubleshooting.

Interestingly... While I was installing with the SL 6.1 DVD, I had a heck of a time getting the /home partitions created. I found that I had to NOT check the force primary partition box and use max space up to 200 (had a 1 in that field) or so, but the partitions were created with all remaining free space like I wanted. If I checked force primary partition, I would get a can't  yada-yada with free space garbage...

Jeff