[BlueOnyx:08191] open_basedir bug in the SuPHP

bluequartz at ozin.com bluequartz at ozin.com
Mon Aug 22 19:19:48 -05 2011

I am fully patched using the latest 5106R
I believe that there is a serious bug in the SuPHP feature.

This bug may have just been introduced.

With SuPHP turned on I am getting errors like this:

PHP Warning:  require_once() [<a href='function.require-once'>function.require-once</a>]:
open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/.sites/38/site25/web/wp-load.php)
is not within the allowed path(s): (/tmp/:/var/lib/php/session/)
in /home/.sites/38/site25/web/wp-admin/install.php on line 36

Notice that it is claiming that my open_basedir is set to just:
/tmp/:/var/lib/php/session/

whereas on the PHP settings page for that site it is set to:
/tmp/:/var/lib/php/session/:/home/.sites/38/site25/

I have tried rebooting, rewriting the open_basedir numerous times. Adding / and .
but no matter what I do PHP believes that my open_basedir is set to just:
/tmp/:/var/lib/php/session/

It is if it is ignoring the open_basedir setting on the PHP settings page completely.

However as soon as I turn SuPHP off it starts to work again.

Regards

Jason