[BlueOnyx:08307] Re: Wordpress HowTo

User Ernie ernie at info.eis.net.au
Tue Aug 30 01:58:14 -05 2011

I tried enabling suPHP and setting the user to one of the site admins,
making sure all the wordpress files are owned by that user, but the
"Update Automatically" button just takes me to the "Connection Information"
dialog where it asks for ftp information.  It's a 5106R install with the
Solarspeed 5.2.10 php package and the Wordpress is in a subdomain. I would
really like to get the updates going but there are no errors about it in the
httpd error_log so I am stuck.

- Ernie.

> Hi Jason;
>
> On Aug 15, 2011, at 3:01 PM, bluequartz at ozin.com wrote:
> >
> > One of our clients wants to use WordPress on our BlueOnyx box. Other than enable PHP and MySQL for the site is there anything else over and above the standard setup I need to do?
> >
> > Is there a standard HowTo already produced by someoen on the list for this configuration maybe?
> >
> > Jason
>
> It really works best if you also assign one of the site users as site-admin, then turn on suPHP and assign web ownership to that site-admin. With this setup, the automatic updates within Wordpress work nicely and you won't end up with some directories set to permissive (777) security levels.
>
> Regards;
> Jeff

"I Ping therefore I am."